Friday, October 22, 2010

Shorts vs. Pants

So far I've sent the kids to school in shorts every day. In fact they mostly insist b/c they say it gets so hot by the end of the day. But how long can I do this? I feel rather bad for them at 7:30 in the morning.
I'm thinking I've saved myself at least a few pairs of pants so far. Kade's knees are actually clean today, but usually his are just as bad . . . and its like this every day! Can they wear shorts till snow flies;)? Brrr. Makes me cold just thinking about it.
--------------------------
An aside: I can't believe how often the kids have come home in the last week or so and played . . . . . .wait for it . . .
SCHOOL!!
Mind you its usually colouring or drawing, but nevertheless, its got me a little flabbergasted. I guess that means they like it.
And their progress reports tell me its going well.
So things are good.

3 comments:

  1. Those boys are crazy. It's freezing outside. I can't believe Kevin actually is wearing shorts I thought he was always cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are totally into wearing shorts to school too! I finally put them away since it is so cold in the morning. The only problem with that is their pants are always getting holes in the knees now, and they aren't allowed to have big holes in their pants. So I am constantly buying new pants! I am glad they are adjusting so well!! My kids absolutely love school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls told me that some of the kids in their class were still wearing shorts, and I didn't believe them.... :o)
    I'm so glad that your boys are enjoying school. Must be really nice for you too, to know that they love it (so far anyways!) Elyse and Marieke also regularly play school when they're at home - they make up work sheets for me or Emily to do, and then they mark them. :o)

    See you Saturday! :oD

    ReplyDelete