Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Autumn

My kids prefer that I call it "Fall", and I kind of do too . . .but Autumn is a rather pretty word for such a pretty season. Kade had to read a book about Autumn to me a few nights back and he just couldn't wrap his head around that word . . . I think b/c he doesn't have a picture in his mind to match to the word . . .maybe after reading this post, he will:)
Think we have raccoons??? So much for the beautiful Indian corn I was so proud of growing . . .
The other hint we have of our nightly visitors is our disappearance of cat food from the bucket in the garage . . . the bucket will have its lid off, be tipped over and empty. GRRRR. I'm after three of my boys to SHUT THE DOOR BEFORE BED!!!! Kevin would like to borrow Uncle Piet's shotgun and lie on the porch to get em!


I found this monster mushroom in the field behind our house. We all thought it was pretty neat.
I told Kevin to put his head beside it to show just how big it was:P


Our kiddos at Hawks Cliff
At our Life Chain on Sunday Kevin was talking with me about the meaning of names. He wished his name meant "Gift of God" instead of "small" which is what he thought Kevin meant. I told him I'd look it up for him, so here they are Kev:
Kevin - handsome; gentle; kind
Josiah - Yaweh supports; Fire of the Lord
Kade - from the wetlands
Andrew - manly
Kylie - attractive; (in Australia Kylie was thought to be translated 'boomerang' - I thought that was somehow fitting:))
Megan - a pearl
Love this season and love these kids:)

5 comments:

  1. Just wondering...did you eat the puffball? We've had one about as large as the one you found and cooked some of it up. Delicious if you like the taste of fried mushroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen,
    I must say that the thought never crossed my mind . . . though Jonathan DOES LOVE fried mushroom . . . I'll have to run that by him and see what he says:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise,
    I was wondering if you ate the puff ball too, and if you did, how it tasted....I love your fall decor, by the way!! Oh and I really laughed at all the comments you posted on my blog. ;-) I was highly tempted to post them all, but I resisted temptation, don't worry. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great pictures! Your family is gorgeous! I love your fall display. Makes me wish I had put one up this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, your fall display was amazing too! and that mushroom is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete