Friday, September 19, 2008

Rock Lake - Round 2!

When opportunity knocks, you had better answer. This is what I thought, but was not convinced of, when Jo called on Monday and said that we could have the cottage till Friday. In fact I had pretty much convinced myself that it would be crazy to go. I would have to cancel things, rearrange my schedule, pack, and drive. It sounded like a lot of work. But another last minute very pursuasive phone call and I was committed to going - in the morning. And again there were no regrets. We had a really nice time there, enjoyed some beautiful weather, and the kids really enjoyed another chance to play with their cousins - and they played so well together too! So thanks to Jo for convincing me, thanks to Jonathan for encouraging me (in a rather bossy way) to go:) and especially thanks to U. Klaas and A. Ann for the wonderful opportunity to spend more time at such a great place!

Some action shots off the dock.

Kade

Kevin.

MaryBeth
Kate.


Since there were no guys around to laugh at our attempts at horseshoes, we thought we'd try a few rounds. We had a lot of fun and are now ready to challenge . . . uhh . . . . somebody?!!




This is Sabrina. She endured a day of much loving and special care from about 5 sets of hands. She was trained to do tricks. She was prodded to do tricks. She did tricks she did not mean to do. She lived in a canoe aquarium which was carefully designed by young minds.She almost did not survive. But she seemed to come back to life and I think hopped for her life after being set free.


We thought this would be a good time to take a picture of these three girls who are so close in age and who are sure to have oodles of fun in the years ahead.


The photo shoot did not go so well!


We also enjoyed many games of an ammended version of donkey formulated for . . . US.


And not one to be left behind when fun is being had, Jonathan showed up Thursday morning and the fishing began. Here he is kissing one of the fish goodbye after being eagerly encouraged to do so by the kids.


3 comments:

  1. I knew I could count on you Dece for the first pic's of RLL times 2! Sounds like you had a great time. I thought of you guys each day and just knew you would have lots of good times. I would have loved to have come, but when I looked at my week, and it was a busy one! and the driving... Anyway, thanks for the pics...love you guys!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I could convince you to come, since you don't like to miss out on fun either:) What great times we had all together. I love being with you girls, and the kids had a blast! It wouldn't have been the same without you Denise! Oh, and the pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures denise. That was way too much fun. It's kinda sad to have to come home. Good times. Love the picture of John kissing the fish....hope you didn't kiss him too soon after that..:)

    ReplyDelete