Wednesday, September 10, 2008

And then it was Sunday

This was going to be the year I hosted my first birthday party for one of my kids and I was kind of excited about that. A few holidays, some sickness which resulted in the party being postponed and much busyness later, I was not quite as thrilled at the prospect. But onward we went - goody bags were prepared, food was bought and driving arrangements made and we were ready. Sunday dawned - gray, cloudy, cold and rainy. Hmmmm. After first service, we loaded our vans beneath the carport and headed home. On arrival, we gave special instructions on exiting the van in order to avoid the massive puddle our driveway had become. This was going to be interesting. Clothes were changed, a bag of chips eaten and I began pacing our small house trying to think of some bright and brilliant way to entertain this group of boys in a very small area. Nothing entered my mind, though Jonathan suggested a sock fight! But, something better happened that made the party a grand success - the rain stopped, and the sun even came out! It even got hot enough for the boys to have a grand water fight against Jonathan and go for a swim. Time flew and before we knew it it was time to get ready for church again. What a fun time I had and I think the boys did too. They all played so well together. We'll definitely have to do this again!
Here is the gang!

Jonathan told Kevin that after he opened each gift, he should give each person a big hug and a kiss! Though he was not convinced that this was a good idea, some had other ideas!

Enjoying the lack of rain and the great outdoors.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Kevin! You survived Denise, and lived to tell about it! I have learned, through experience, that birthday's only get easier as the boys age. They are loud and very noisy at 5, but they get better every year! I think you guys are having too much fun over there! Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete