Friday, June 4, 2010

Marine Land

On Wednesday, we joined another homeschooling group and many other add-ons and spent a day at Marine Land. Jonathan was unable to go at the last minute, and so I made the very wise (I think) decision to leave Kylie behind as well. (although I think she would have loved it!)
It was another beautiful day . . . not too hot and not very busy at all. It was lots of fun for all the cousins and friends to be together. In fact I often felt like I didn't take any children with me. They were often running off with their own groups and going their own way - which ended up working out just fine.


The ugly walrus blowing us a kiss!
The bears were a favorite for Kade. I think Kade's favorite part of the day was the animals. He was really quite fascinated by them all . . . although he did warm up to the rides and really enjoyed them too (over and over and over - on the same ride:))

The underwater viewing tanks - which were really cool. I feel like you could spend a lot of time down there, just watching.

They would follow your hand around as you moved it which is pretty neat to watch too.


We had lunch with the seagulls and it was a lot of fun to watch the kids chasing them around.
Hunter was super cute toddling around after the birds. It made me laugh. I could have watched him for a long time too - I don't think either of us would have gotten bored for a long time.


And the rides . . . .



One of the few times I actually caught up with Kevin . . . .









Another fabulous day . . . and although the rain threatened a few times, it didn't pour until we got in the vehicles and were on our way home. Thanks for inviting us Jo and a big thanks to Liz who did the "fun" but great job of organizing it all. Now we just wait for the next opportunity. I ended up buying seasons passes for myself and the boys so hopefully we'll be back before the years out (with Kylie) :)

1 comment:

  1. hey babycakes
    I thought I'd leave a comment because the comments are definitly lacking here. What a fun day, I'm looking forward to going again already. And you got some cute pictures of that day too. Beckys hands in the air on the baby rollercoaster was definitly a classic ;) haha. I thought it was soo cute too - to see Hunter tottling (no idea how to spell that right now - my brain doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment) after those birds. Another great day had by all.

    love
    mare

    ReplyDelete