Wednesday, July 3, 2013

African Lions Safari

Kindergarten through Grades 6 had their end of the year field trip at African Lions Safari (or Lyons Variety as Kylie kept calling it!)
B/c all three of my school kids were going, I was quick to volunteer as a chaperone.  I am so glad I got to go. What a fun day. I got to chaperone a group of five kindergarteners and they were really good and really fun . . . though I did a WHOLE lot of counting to five that day!! There were a lot of people there and I had to keep a close eye. They were really good at keeping their eye on me too!
We watched the elephant show . . which was a favourite.
We also watched the Birds of Prey show which was pretty neat. We had one of the birds swoop awfully close to our heads two times. It was funny watching our whole section madly duck as it came quite close!
(It wasn't this one!)



After the two shows, we made a short stop at the petting zoo and then it was off the the splash pad. We didn't have a whole lot of time by the time we had the school bus ride to the Safari and then the tour guided bus ride in the afternoon and of course EVERYONE wanted to do the splash pad, so off we went!



Waiting . . . .waiting . . . waiting . . . for the big bucket dump!
And there it was! (though obviously a different one than the one above:))
It was a beautiful day in terms of weather, but the water in the splashpad was FREEZING, so we were soon on our way out and had time to go through this obstacle course thing a few times before the bus tour.

  This picture captures Kylie so well.
A quick bite of lunch . . .
 . . . and then on the Safari bus for the animal tour.  I know animal pictures aren't always the most interesting thing for people who weren't actually there, but my kids love seeing them again and again, so I've got to include them too.  It was really funny being on the K-2 Safari bus and hearing all the comments and questions of the kids.  Lots of smiles. 





It was fun to get to know some of Kylie's classmates - both on the bus rides there and back and with my own little group of five.  They are a really fun group.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Denise!! That was a class trip I would have loved to go on! I had to laugh about everyone ducking when the bird came close to your heads....that would have totally freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete