Monday, July 23, 2012

Soccer 2012

Another soccer season is well underway . . . .
We are only out two nights this year which has its pros and cons.  Because Kevin and Kade play the same night, it saves a trip out and frees up a night at home, BUT . . . I can only watch one at a time and it seems like they are always playing on complete opposite sides of the park.  I generally watch each one for half . . . but I feel like I miss a lot!!!  It seems like when I get over to their field, it is their turn to sit off and I don't get to see a lot of them playing.  I miss that!  I love watching them play.
Kevin is still our most passionate soccer player and does really well. He is intense, but not near as intense as he used to be. Winning/losing doesn't seem to matter so much lately which is great.  He goes out and has fun and doesn't seem to get nearly as frustrated as he used to.  We are proud of his progress in this area!!
 Then there is Kade.  Kade loves soccer and is excited to go every week. He started out with a bang and his first night had a goal and I thought that "this is the year!"  Since then he has seemed to settle into his mould a bit more.  Last game, I headed over to watch him for the second half, and there he was, doing karate motions in the field - in his own little world.  When he has the ball he is intense and driven, but it seems to be turned on and off rather rapidly. Rather humorous.  He is very different than Kevin, but stlll fun to watch. 
 His smile is a bit forced I'd say . . .

  This is more Kade's style for a picture!

 Kylie also LOVES going to soccer.  She also started out with a bang, but then her play levelled out a bit. She scores goals and has great ball control most of the time, but she looks very nervous on the field. Her hand is always in her mouth and she waits on the fringes for the ball to escape the pack and then she takes off. She needs to work on her defense a bit more . . . but I guess she is only 5:)




She likes playing goalie and is quite good at it too! 
 Breakaway!
 Playing against Summer . . . yep Kylie is her fathers daughter!
(check out her tongue)


This season has been rather unique - lots of cancellations - I think three weeks have been cancelled already and not because of rain - because of the HEAT!!!  My boys are never too thrilled at the cancellations - they figure its not THAT hot!!! 
Great summer fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment