Friday, April 20, 2012

In Other News and Notes

It's all official now.  Our days in this home of ours are numbered!! This of course brings very mixed feelings. We are extremely grateful for a very smooth, quick, and painless sale. We see God's guiding hand even in this. We hadn't intended to put the house up for sale until the end of April, but our realtor encouraged us to try to get it up earlier, so the pressure was on to finish up those last projects we were working on, and we got it listed before Karter was born. We only had one showing (and we were gone for the night anyway to the kids school program, so that was easy too!).  Then during the 10 days they had to fulfill their conditions, Karter was born and now its all official!   Now for the packing . . .  
Like I said, the house being sold brings mixed feelings. We are thankful that it is done - b/c it HAD to be done, but we are sad (I am anyway) that we only have 5 or 6 weeks left to live here. I LOVE this home. It is HOME!! Of course there are things I won't miss, but especially at this time of year, I love our place. I am glad we get to enjoy the spring here yet!

Then of course there is the excitement of our new home . . .
It is started!! I think they put the "shovel" to the ground the morning that Karter was born. Psalm 127 has extra special meaning for us this year!
No shortage of activity going on in our lives right now!! 
 Karter is a week (plus) old already. How the time flies. He is certainly my fussiest baby, but he also has really good times too.  He is extremely alert and does not sleep too often -- though he does just fine at night which I am very thankful for!
 We are all enjoying him so much!!!
 Kevin is laughing because Karter has the hiccups and Kevin thought it was extremely humourous how his whole body would shake with the hiccups.
Kevin also informed me today that, " I don't think I could live if there was no such thing as hockey." or maybe it was, "I think I would die if there was no hockey." Wowsers buddy! I quickly assured him he'd be JUST fine. (and I thought Kylie was dramatic!) (and yes he wears those goalie pads most of the time when he is home)

Karter is often the center of attention . . . and when he actually sleeps, I have to beg the kids to just leave him alone and give him his space.
I love it that they love him though!! 
 Kade does NOT like hearing Karter cry.  He is quick to rescue him and seems to know what he is doing too . . .this is the position we often use to relieve him of his stomach pain and Kade is quite the pro at it too.
I also overheard Kade telling Kevin tonight that he thought he would like to go to bed rather than watch the hockey game . . . he can't WAIT for his birthday tomorrow!
 And Kylie - what can I say about her? She is a big help. She is my right hand woman and most of the time doesn't mind helping.  Her favorite is Karter's bathtime.  She also loves to hold Karter as long as he doesn't cry . . . though she is getting more comfortable with that too.
Overheard by Kylie today: "I'm hungry."  (actually she says that every day at least twenty times)
So that is a bit of this and that about the kids and our lives.  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. soo cute!! Karter is sooo alert for a newborn, I think that is why he looks like he getting soo old already!!! It is soo cute to see your kids with him, they look like pros!!!
    love aunti mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your pictures!! Looks like everybody is enjoying that little guy.HOpe you enjoy these next weeks in your house. I'm sure it will be bitter sweet come moving day!!!!! Love you guys!
    Josh, Steph and kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I had no idea you were building a new house! That's so exciting :) Hope everything goes well with the packing, esp. with a newborn around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try and comment again because my last comments did not come up! Congrats on a gorgeous little boy! How exciting for you! Your lives are fast and furious with all these changes but God gives strength and keep that camera handy to keep us entertained through your wonderful blog posts! Love you guys! Can't wait to see you!
    Sarah and Dan
    Love the pics of the kids with Karter!!!

    ReplyDelete