Friday, July 17, 2009

Update on Kiggy!

I’m not really a cat person. Really I’m not. But here comes my second post dedicated to our cat – affectionately called “Kiggy” – and not just by Kylie. That’s her name. I think we have a bit of a record going here. I mean – the cat is still with us. She hasn’t run away – at least not for a long period of time. She is actually a wonderful pet to have around, because she is gone a lot of the day, but always shows up two or three times for food or to see the kids. She really does seem to like the attention the kids give her – when it’s in moderation. She really doesn’t make a bother out of herself – except for the few times I found her in the house – and even in my bedroom which is about the farthest IN my house you can get. THAT was pushing my cat tolerating limits. I usually encouraged her in a hasty and slightly forceful manner that it would be in her better interest to STAY OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!! But other than that she is nice and cozy. Kylie still gets very excited every morning when Kiggy walks up the sidewalk to the deck.
Like I said, Kiggy endures much - she was pretty much handled like a doll this day - its no wonder she takes off and hides under the deck when she sees Kevin running for her at breakneck speed! She makes herself cozy whereever convenient - like I said, I'm not always a big fan of her cuddling up on clothes that may be left lying around outside - or my stroller. Anyway, lately we had been noticing that Kiggy had been putting on a lot of weight - a result of our good food??? We had our suspicions. But when I saw her this week and she was as skinny as ever, I went into detective mode and solved the mystery in a few short minutes. I used my observational skills and noted that I had seen Kiggy climb up into the boys clubhouse rather often lately. So up I went and . . . . .
Awwww! Really - I don't love cats - but kittens??? Anyway they sure are cute right now and I'm thinking that I have a few months till they get ugly. The boys are enthralled once again and love climbing up and checking up on them. I originally told them that they couldn't touch them for three weeks, but its been three days, and they've been holding them and petting and just watching them for at least two . . . I suppose they are a wonderfully simple form of entertainment - and I'll take that!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww they are CUTE! Just wait until they're running and playing... :o) The kids will love them. And, before they get ugly, put an ad on Kijiji, or drop them off at a convenient farm. :o) I'm sure you could find one.

    I should take the girls to your house to see them sometime.

    Talk to you later!
    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree with you Denise! I'm not a cat person at all and we are over run with them here on the farm. Thankfully they stick to the barn most of the time. But the kittens are definately cute!

    ReplyDelete