Monday, September 28, 2015

Konnor at Seven Months

So Konnor is already seven months and I'm not the only one who can't believe how fast it has gone.  He is doing not so babyish things and plus there are new and tiny and cuddly little babies around which makes him practically a toddler.  But not quite. He's our baby and we are sure enjoying this stage where he seems to be learning something new just about every day. 



Goofballs!
At seven months, Konnor:

  • is crawling. He was moving around just a bit at six months and worked on perfecting the crawl all month, and he sure has it down pat now.  
  • is climbing. I didn't think that they should do crawl and climb in the same week, but now that he is moving, he just climbs up on things and gets into trouble. I have found out that my house is not as babyproof as I thought!
  • has moved to the bottom of the pack n' play.  He has slept on the upper layer you can add to the pack n' play until this week b/c I walked in and found him up on his knees looking over the edge. 
  • almost has his third tooth. It is peeking through just a tiny bit!
  • spent about 4-5 days being sick -- feverish and GRUMPY! (understandably). We did lots of snuggling and very little work during a few of those days.
  • loves Karter. Karter is VERY in Konnor's face. It actually drives me a little crazy sometimes b/c as good as he is at making Konnor laugh, he can also make him cry quite well too.  But Konnor does seem to enjoy him.
  • is a major mommy's boy . . . to the point of me getting called out of church b/c he is inconsolable. And yet he is still a friendly little gaffer. It doesn't really make sense!
  • is sitting well and going from the crawl to the sit  and back.
  • grabs everything.  He is very studious and I am going to have to make sure my floors stay somewhat free of small objects.
  • plays with toys fairly well. He still does the exersaucer a fair bit and I am glad for that. He is still enjoying the jolly jumper too.  I put him in the bumbo occasionally and he just crawls right out:)
  • sleeps pretty bad . . .especially at night. He generally has two naps a day and then in bed around 8 or 9 which seems like a ridiculously low amount of sleep to me . .  especially b/c often those naps are very short!
  •  has a fabulous laugh! and smile:)
  • is getting harder and harder to take pictures of b/c he heads straight for the camera
  • is eating more and more solids. He has had quite a few varieties of baby cereal (rice, brown rice, mixed, oatmeal, barley . . .) and he has had bananas, avocado, cheerios, and lots of yogurt.  Veggies are next on the menu. I am doing this a little backwards from the way I did my other kids . . .mostly due to lack of planning. Hopefully I don't regret it! He eats fairly well, but I wouldn't say he is super pumped about food. Generally he eats cereal for breakfast and after supper and yogurt or banana for lunch.
  • is an expert at finding his soother and getting it where it needs to be. He loves it and so do I!
  • is really getting more hair now! We call him Fuzz.  It's especially great after a bath.
  • loves it in the bath. We have him in his seat thing now and he likes to just chill and splash.
  • seems to be good at getting stuck in awkward spots like the lower level of the exersaucer, or under the desk, or chairs, or between stools.  
  • loves nursing.
  • is displaying a temper already! I always laugh when kids do it at this age b/c it just seems funny to me.
  • has the softest cheeks.
  • is super loved.











1 comment:

  1. He is just so adorable! Some of those pictures he looks so "grown up" - so not a baby anymore. You can really tell he is one of yours though, he sure is a good mix of all of you. (missed you this past Sunday!)

    ReplyDelete