Monday, April 27, 2015

Hair Chop

 I went for my second big hair chop a couple weeks ago.  The first time was over five years ago! I had originally thought to do it the same time as Kylie did hers, but mine wasn't quite long enough.  That was over a year ago now and the time had come for the locks to go! I think my hair grew well during pregnancy and stayed a bit thicker or else I think I would have lost patience much earlier.  But after Konnor was born, I was ready. I needed a major chop or at least a good refresher, and since I was ready for a change, I thought we'd make it good and worth it and cut enough to donate.
This is the only picture I could find of  it before:
I headed over to Kate's for the day . . . and let her go to town on my hair.
She cut off about 12 inches from tip to tip . . .but probably closer to 10 inches  from ponytail holder to ponytail holder.
And then she took the time to style it . . .which I so far have not had the time or courage to do.
Here is the after:
I was super pleased with how much length I still had. I can still fit it in a ponytail no problem which is very handy for me!
Kylie was very against me cutting my hair. She loves long hair and was sure I was going to be VERY ugly!  She pretty much cried when I told her I was going to get it cut.  So when she got home, I had the braid laying on the counter in a baggie. I was in the pantry nearby putting groceries away. I heard her gasp and then she bravely stood by the door summoning courage to face her ugly mama.  I couldn't resist teasing her a bit and held the door shut, and told her I couldn't bear for her to see me like this!  I did eventually let me in and her eyes widened in surprise and she told me I looked pretty! Then she ran downstairs yelling, "Boys, mom got her hair all cut off and she looks beautiful!"  I don't relate this story b/c I agree with her assessment and have become rather vain, but b/c it is just so Kylie.  Dramatic!!  
Thanks Kate for the visit and the cut. Some day I will try curling it:)

3 comments:

  1. Looks lovely Dece! I'm with you on the styling - no time, and no interest. Kate must be disappointed when she sees my hair after all the work she does on it... :)
    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, you guys are funny ;) At least I get the opportunity to do it and see it done once! Lookin good Diesel, you were a lovely model :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I would have done the same thing to Katie and pretended to be too ugly for her to see. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete