Friday, August 22, 2014

Soccer 2014

Another soccer season wrapped up this week!  I love soccer season. I wish we could do it all year.  But I guess that could get kind of busy:)
Kevin had another great year. His team started out without a loss for probably the first half of the season. 
And then the second half of the season they hardly had a win.  Not sure what happened. They lost a few key players and the other teams just got really good I guess:)! 
Kevin likes winning and he actually doesn't mind losing now either.  It has been neat to see the transformation. He says he just got so used to losing at school that it doesn't even bother him any more.  I don't think he will ever completely lose his desire to compete, so I guess this is okay. I think his grade 4 teacher would be impressed:)  Some days I wish it bothered him a little more . . . but he's happy and having fun, so really this is exactly how it should be.
One of the highlights of the soccer season is the season ending tournament.  Though his team lost 2 and won 1, they had fun and it is a great day for the kids.
Kevin's team managed to come in third place despite their second half.  It also came right down to the wire and had to go to goal differential due to a tie in the standings.
Kade has really come a long way again this year. His coach is fantastic and really works with Kade and encourages him in different ways . . .  like strengthening his left foot kick. We have seen good results and one game he had four goals - and three with his left foot!  
Kade's team started out slow and has gotten hot lately.


 Kade's team came in a hard fought, last game determining second place!
 He was quite tickled with his medal:)

Kylie is my neglected soccer child.  I hope she will forgive me.  Kylie plays the same night as Kevin and since there is really no comparison in the "entertainment value" of their games, we tend to spend most of the night watching Kevin.  Kylie has a good friend on her team so she is quite content.  
I am looking forward to watching her more next year when she moves up a level and gets to play on a bigger field where they ball might actually be in the lines more than it is out.;-)
She plays hard and though I'm not sure they've won more than one or two games, she is never too concerned about the score.  She loves soccer nights and loves playing.
Last night before bed she prayed, "Thank you that I could play soccer tonight and even though we didn't win, you know we did our best and played hard."
That about sums it up:)
Summer and Kylie.

No comments:

Post a Comment