Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Thanksgiving/Anniversary 2013

It's been a while!!!!
 Thanksgiving weekend began on the Friday with Kevin's cross country meet in Dundas.  It was a beautiful day for running and the students all did very well on a tough course!  I was proud of them!
 Karter cheered right along with everyone else.  (can you hear him yelling "Yaaahhhhh")
 Saturday morning we dropped off the three oldest and headed north for Parry Sound.  We got there at about 1:30 in the afternoon and it the weather was amazing for October.  We actually just laid on the beach and soaked up the sun.  We unloaded at our hotel and then headed to the water to go for a walk.
 You'll read this over and over  . . . but the colours were AMAZING!!!  Going from very little colour at all back at home to this grand assortment of beauty and brightness was a feast for the eyes!



 It was warm enough to get wet!  At first touch the water was frigid . . but after you stood in it for a while, it wasn't bad at all . . . and the air was just so warm . . .that you really felt like swimming.  We settled for wading:)

  .. . .and some splashing .. . .
  . . . with a bit of mud throwing tossed into the mix too!


 We saw some other interesting scenery as we walked along the shore too!!!
(It was kind of neat . . .b/c we knew Josh and Steph and family were up near Parry Sound . . .but for them to go cruising by and for us to see them and pick them out (well . . . that part wasn't too hard!) . . .was kind of fun!
 Relaxing at the hotel.
 We spent Sunday afternoon/evening with Josh and Steph at the cottage where they were staying . . .another beautiful place and lots of fun things to do!

 Back at the hotel . . .Karter wasn't sure of the pool when I took him in the first time, but on Monday morning he was pretty happy!

 After we packed up we drove around and saw some of the places Jonathan used to frequent when they went to Parry Sound for vacations.
Karter got a good little nap in amidst our travels.  (I couldn't resist:))
'
 We also visited Parry Sound on the tail end of our honeymoon and took a picture exactly like this one then.  Thought we'd do it again 13 years later.  (Can you spot Jonathan?!)

 The heavens declare Thy glory, The firmament Thy power;
Day unto day the story repeats from hour to hour;
Night unto night replying, proclaims in every land,
O Lord with voice undying, the wonders of Thy hand.
 All heaven on high rejoices to do its Maker's will;
The stars with solemn voices resound Thy praises still;
So let my whole behavior, thoughts, words, and actions be,
O Lord, my strength, my Saviour, one ceaseless song to Thee.

 Lord, our Lord, Thy glorious Name all Thy wondrous works proclaim;
In the heavens with radiant signs evermore Thy glory shines.
How great Thy Name!
Moon and stars in shining height nightly tell their Maker's might;
When Thy wondrous heavens I scan, then I know how weak is man.
How great Thy Name!
With dominion crowned He stands o'er the creatures of Thy hands;
All to Him subjection yield in the sea and air and field.
How great Thy Name! 
  Lord, our Lord, in all the earth. 
How great Thy Name!
Thine the Name of matchless worth,
Excellent in all the earth;
How great Thy Name!!


 This dam has many memories for Jonathan and he took Karter for a walk across it . . .though the water level was high and they had to go bare foot!
Our last stop was the tower.  We climbed to the top for some more breathtaking views . . .
 . . .this being the most breathtaking of all.  I can tell I am getting old(er)!   Though it is all fairly safe, my heart did not return to its normal pace till we were safely at the bottom again . . . and its increased pace wasn't due to exertion.  This kid makes me nervous . . .and Jonathan had a good hold on him most of the time.  He just has no fear.
 Anyway. . . the view really was great and I could enjoy it quite well.


 Though the weekend was a bit disorganized and last minute in its planning . .. it was fun!! It is always good to get away and weather wise, and colour wise, we couldn't have picked a better time.  It was fun to be together . . .and Karter got some good one on one time with his ma and pa.  We made it home again just in time for turkey dinner (not planned .  .but very nice nonetheless!) when we picked up the kids. 
So this thanksgiving (and every day!) I have lots to be thankful for! I am thankful for my marriage and for being married to my best friend. I am thankful for the four children God has blessed us with. I am thankful for the rest of our families . . .who are always willing to help out and be there and who are blessings in so many ways. I am thankful for our church and for salvation! I am thankful for Christian schools! I am thankful for my home and for the freedoms we have in this country. I am thankful for friends!  I am thankful for health.  I am thankful for so many more things . . . but of course above all I am thankful to be a child of the King and for the benefits that gives me  . . . past, present, and future.  God is good!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Lots of great pictures of you two! karter is quite the photographer :) And he's awfully cute too! (one of my favourites is of you and Karts, something about it... love it!) Looks like a beautiful place to go! Glad you were able to get away for your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many nice pictures here Denise! You look like you guys had a great time! Something so pretty about being up north! I love the picture of Karter climbing the sides of that tower, he sure is a crazy boy!! Also love the one of you and Karter too! Cute!!
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, so many great memories of that Beautiful place! I guess it will be a lot like the memories our kids have of Rock Lake Lodge.
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete