Friday, October 12, 2012

Thanksgiving

We celebrated Thanksgiving at Steve and Kate's this year on Sunday.  We all have so incredibly much to be thankful for.   Since we were all together in one place, we thought it would be a good time to get some family pictures done. No small feat - especially with only a self timer to get the attention of 17 kids and a whole pile more adults. You'll excuse those who may not be looking in the right direction.  You'll also have to excuse my children. Especially the older two.  I mean you can hardly expect children of such an age to look at the camera - and smile on top of that!
Anyhow, I'm quite thankful for each person in this picture below.  I think they are all pretty great.
The big pile of grandkids. 
The matriarch and patriarch.
Darwin and Carrie, Jeremy and Meika
(don't they grow up so fast?)
Steve and Kate, Anna and Kyra
After our photo sessions, we headed to the shop for supper.  Kate had it decorated so beautifully with various peoples fall decor.  It was quite cozy for a shop!
Karter
Spencer. He looks kind of sad here, but I just love his eyes!
Eating!
Yum!

And then we thought we should do some sister pics. 

Add mom.
And the outlaws . . . . we're just waiting (very patiently of course) for one more lady to complete this picture . . . and she has to be shorter than Beth;)
It was a lovely evening spent together - it doesn't happen as often as it used to, so we really enjoy these opportunities.  Family is a wonderful blessing and we are thankful to God for blessing us with eachother. Thanks to Steve and Kate for hosting (and all the work involved with that!) too.  

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I think your pic of my fam turned out better than any I got. Couple things that make me smile. All of the eating pictures are taken from the south wall, so none of the thanksgiving decor is even displayed:P Looks pretty "shop"py from where I'm looking. And everyone seems to be wearing coats while they're eating.... what?? ;) I apologise for the below average temperatures. I did not find out that the heat didn't work until friday afternoon... Despite the slight diesel odour, I think the small heater actually worked decent! We had a really great time, it was nice to be ALL together again. And I'm so glad we were able to do family pictures. Great memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look wonderful, so blessed!! What a lovely family. Henry and Annette must be so proud of all of you!

    Thea H

    ReplyDelete