Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Just because . . .

. . . I love the way five year olds draw. I realize that some five year olds are much more proficient in the arts than others, but there is something just so cute about the way a five year old draws. So I've decided to show off a little bit of Kade's doodling.
And of course you must hear the converstation and explanations that went along with it.
Kade: I did Aunt Mel bigger than Uncle Piet because Aunt Mel is bigger.
So in my thoughts I try to sort that one out, and think to myself, "Well Uncle Piet is about as tall as one can get, so he's not referring to height. . . so then I thought, since it is just a picture of their heads, maybe he means that Aunt Mel is smarter and has a bigger head because she has more brains, but not being sure my five year old would think quite like that, I had to believe that he was referring to the fact that dear Aunt Mel is about 6 months pregnant, so I guess she maybe just is bigger than Uncle Piet." But I thought I'd better seek clarification directly from the source and this is what he said.
Kade: Aunt Mel is biggger because Aunt Mel is OLDER!! Oh the simple thoughts (and drawings) of a five year old. Gotta love em!

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture - it's too funny!! =) I often try not to ask too many questions depending on what it looks like!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny - thanks for sharing Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute!! Kade is soo funny...I LOVE how little kids draw people too...
    mare

    ReplyDelete