Monday, November 16, 2009

Little Funnies:)

As we drew near the end of our Sunday morning rush to get out of the house on time, I experienced a heartwarming moment. Kevin was trying to get his shoes on, but as is quite common with Kevin, before he can put his shoe on, he has to undo his laces, which invariable results in knots - if there were not already a few there. So as he struggled to undo his knots with a fork, I barged in and grabbed his shoe and in quick order had the knots out. To which he responded,"I'm really glad I have a mom and a dad. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have them . . . " (and then his train of thought led him to thoughts of probably not having to do school if he didn't have a mom) But anyway, I had to have a chuckle about that one. Nothing like a knot in your shoe to get you to realize that you appreciate your mother . . . boy do I feel loved.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And then one from Kylie who is becoming quite the bossy little sister. She has recently been developing pretty good sentences and they often come out sounding so good that it's quite funny. This morning she was lounging around in the bathtub (something I often do to keep her out of trouble during homeschooling). Kevin was working away on his school, but started singing as he was working. From the bathroom I hear, "BE PWIET (quiet) KEVIN, I WORKING HERE!!!" Uh huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment