Thursday, April 30, 2009

Church Skating

Our church had congregational skating this past weekend. It was a good time of fun, fellowship, and exercise for all those who came out. We put Kylie on skates for the first time. I had found skates last year at Canadian Tire for really cheap, and so I bought them. And since I bought them, she had to wear them - not that she'll probably ever be able to skate in them before she out grows them, but it was cute anyway. She had mixed feelings about the whole thing - but she did ask to have them put on a second time as the night progressed. . .

Pardon the picture taken throught two layers of glass where it happened to be a little warmer . .




And Kylie and her Opa taking a rest.
Thanks to all who came out!!

7 comments:

  1. Hey! You got my three kiddies in there too! They had a great time. But who is the pretty, slim gal pushing the stroller - my best guess is Marieke??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey :) very cute picture of Kylie and Dad!! I can't believe you put Kylie on skates - that is soo fun!! I kind of wanted to go, but thought it would be kind of wierd to push a big double stroller on the ice :) Probably crack some ice or something. hehe.
    MAREOLENE

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha - dont' mind my name - that is supposed to be MARE -but something wierd happened with the word verification thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic....I can't believe you put kylie in skates. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jon and Denise, I just stumbled on your blog this evening by looking at other peoples blogs. Nice pictures! I can't believe how big your kids are getting... hope to see you at the family get-together next week!
    Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of Jon and Kylie, the glass actually adds a pretty cool effect! I also wondered about the girl and the stroller... I thought it was mel at first but she doesn't have a stroller like that (I don't think) and she wears baggier pants (I don't mean that in a negative way at all). That's pretty sweet that Kylie has skates, looks like you guys had a blast. btw, love the new nick name mareoline :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. and come to think of it, I was at Mel's house at the very same time this event was taking place. Steve's guess was the Roos that goes to your church?? (It's probobly the only person we wouldn't really recognize) ;)

    ReplyDelete