Monday, March 2, 2009

Winter

I feel I must at least acknowledge that there is a season called winter. As I sit here typing, I can look out my window and almost believe that Spring is just around the corner. Not a spec of snow in sight! . . . plenty of sunshine . . . blue skies . . . and then I step outside and the -10 hits me like a blast of winter or . . .reality . . . and I quickly decide its good to be inside. I read a news report today that says winter is not leaving me anytime soon - it's promising to be a wintery March, and so I thought I'd post some winter pictures. These are taken from December or January I think. Kade just came up to me and told me that the radio said that "it is sunny and clear, so can I go in the pool?" I gave a sarcastic "yah sure" and he quickly ran down and told Kevin that we are going to set up the pool and go for a swim. I guess this is the same boy who always wants to be prepared for swimming and the same boy who tried to zip off his pants into shorts this morning b/c it is "very hot." Must be a bit of Florida left in that boy!

Kevin shovelled out paths all over the yard which is how they got around in this "deep snow" era.
The boys have been having fun with the trampoline throughout the winter too. It gets good and slippery which I suppose is fun. I do have to reprimand them when they take their boots AND socks off though . . . BRRRR!

No comments:

Post a Comment