Thursday, September 8, 2016

Back to School

Back to school came fast! Right on the tail of our last hurrah to summer and last vacation of the year.  Vacation one day. School the next.
I am never ready for this day. I love summer and it different kind of crazy.  
But school and routine is good for most of us and there is SOMETHING exciting about the first day.  Kade was the only one who actually admitted to being ready to go back. 
Kylie would still rather stay home and play, though she enjoys it once she is there.
Kevin is rather nonchalant about the whole thing. It's just something that has to happen. So he goes. It's not good or bad. It just is.

Kevin takes a little longer to get ready (and wake up as I shouldn't point out, but just did). Smiling at that time of day apparently takes a bit of work.
Karter and Konnor adjusted well and didn't seem to miss the school kids too much. Though Karter usually starts asking mid afternoon, "When are the kids coming home?!!" He is excited for his turn and I am totally not.  I am going to enjoy this year the best I can. It will be a new era when he goes. It's just been the three kids going to school for so long, that four will be a big deal for me. Thank goodness for Kindergarten and the fact that it is part time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment