Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Konnor's First Birthday!

It's just amazing how incredibly fast you can go from this . . . 
 . . . to this!
 This year has flown by and things that still seem so fresh and real in my mind are already a year old.  It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was sitting in the midwife office overdue and crying because she told me I should really keep my appointment at the hospital and not drive to Hamilton to watch Kevin play basketball.  I knew she was right . . .but it wasn't what I wanted to hear.  Seems silly in hindsight . . . Konnor ended up being born the day before that tournament . . but my desire to plan things was being challenged greatly and I was having to live just one moment at a time with no definite plans. I didn't like the idea of sitting at home waiting to go into labour . . . when I could be doing something fun while waiting to go into labour.  All that is neither here nor there anymore . . . but it is a memory that really came to mind these last weeks as a remembered those last days of pregnancy and those first days of Konnor!
 Konnor was sick (cold, throat, ears, chest, nose, high fever) for pretty much a week before his birthday. I finally took him in on Wednesday (the 24th) so that we could get some medicine into him and get him somewhat healthy for his birthday.  The antibiotics delivered . . and though not 100%, he was no longer miserable and he could mostly enjoy his day. (It was very important to Kylie especially that he be better for his birthday!)
 The balloons are always a favorite . . . for Karter even more so.
 

 His other favorite toys.

 He wasn't too sure about the candle . . 

 But he was pretty sure he'd like the cupcake!


 Not real sure what happened here . . but I feel like I have a lot of these "birthday child in tears" pictures, so I thought I'd include it too:)
 This is Konnor listening to us sing after supper. His favorite is "Clap Your Hands". He always gets a big smile when we sing.
 Then it was present time.  
 I feel a little bad for these latter children. I don't want more toys in my house . . . so how do we go about getting something that a one year old will need without adding more meaningless clutter.  I did manage to find a few things second hand and he actually has really enjoyed them, so that is all good.

 And because I thought I should spend more than $3.75 on him, we got him something that everyone else would really like :) (and hopefully it lasts for Konnor to enjoy too!)
 It didn't take long for Kevin to get his nose in there . . . 
 . . .and the other boys!
 And then it was whisked away. Just like that.
 But Konnor didn't seem to mind. He wanted to play with his new toys. 
It's interesting b/c Konnor would open something and then want to play with it . . but the other kids would yank it away from him and plop the next thing in front of him.  For them it is always . . what's next?! Oh the contentment of a baby!
 Konnor got to be one of the first to try it out . . .
 He likes!
Konnor.  It's hard to describe just how much we love you.  We have enjoyed this year with you so much. We love seeing you learn new things and we love getting excited when you do cute things.  You are well loved by all your siblings. They think you are something else!  Thank you for your bright and beaming smiles and your snuggles. A little less thanks for keeping me up at night. I'm sure you'll outgrow that soon. Right?!!! Thanks for all the joy you bring to this family. We pray that God will continue to bless your young life and give you many years to learn about Him, to love Him, and to serve Him with everything you have!  We love you, love you, love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment