Monday, September 10, 2012

First Day of School

Well! We are already a week into school! It has been a bit of a struggle to get back into routines, but of course it is always a good thing. Though I do not like the shorter days (wow does it get dark fast!!), it is helpful in getting kids to bed slightly on time.
Kylie is now in Kindergarten. She was super excited to go and she was very ready! She loved it!  Because she was so excited to be going, it was not overly sad for me to see her go.  Her first day was a busy day for me - assembly, groceries, and errands.  I did not really miss her. Wednesday she was home - and she wished she was not. She drove me a little crazy with her asking "When will the boys be home?" "Is the bus coming yet?" "I miss the boys." "Can I have a snack?" etc. etc. But then Thursday came. Wow. I felt a little lost without my sidekick! Though there is always lots to do around here, the day felt a little long without her chatter, interruptions and help.  I suppose I will get used to it soon enough, but I am very glad she is only gone two days a week!  In her opinion, the distance between Thursday and Tuesday is a VERY long time to wait till she gets to go again.  She figured Sunday should be a school day.
The boys were not that excited to go back to school, but they do seem to enjoy being there now that the time has come!
And yes - the first day of school was rather foggy out our way - though there were no delays. They saved that for the second day:)

2 comments:

  1. It actually looks like Kylie is crying on that first picture. I was looking for a comment about her being so overwhelmed, she cried. But Anna said "she must have the sun in her eyes. Or maybe its just a wierd smile." So there you have it :P We didnt have any fog tuesday, but wednesday was brutal, but no bus for us anyway :)
    See ya sat. (hopefully this time for real)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I can't believe how foggy it was for you guys!

    ReplyDelete