Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sunrise and Squash

This morning was back to school after three consecutive snow days. Back to waking up before the sun . . . and getting to see it rise. The sunrise this morning was especially beautiful with all the fresh snow . . .


The spacious firmament on high,
With all the blue ethereal sky,
And spangled heavens, a shining frame
Their great Original proclaim.
The unwearied sun, from day to day,
Does his Creator's powers display,
And publishes to every land
The work of an Almighty Hand.
~~Acapella~~

And as for the squash part of this post. I thought it was high time I get around to putting my squash in the freezer. I mean, isn't December the prime time of year to harvest your garden??? Actually, I picked my garden clean in the beginning of October (well, most of it anyway), but then put the squash in the garage for a future date - never once thinking it might be in December! Me? A procrastinator? Never!
But now the job is done.
The family will enjoy some yummy healthy vegetables throughout the next year. Kevin especially loves squash and would eat the whole pot himself if he was allowed.
As for me? Yuck. I won't eat the stuff:(

3 comments:

  1. Where do your boys go to school? Do they like it since being homeschooled in the past? I check out your blog, but this is the first time I have ever left a comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that snow is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful pictures with the snow and the sunrise! I'll fight Kev for the squash... I LOVE it and pretty much do get to eat it all here (if I grew it) cuz Steve can't stand it either! I don't mind a bit!

    ReplyDelete